Friday, November 27, 2009

Long time no post

It has been ages since I have posted an update sorry! Not much has been happening. I have been at home and am resting quite a lot. I finished my first cycle of chemo and started the second cycle on monday. I have had chemo everyday for the since monday and it is affecting me a lot more than my other cycle.

Monday: 8 hours of chemo and fluids
Tuesday: 3 hours (might have been 20 mins I don't actually remember)
Wednesday: Just an injection
Thursday: Injection again

then I have the same again next week. When you are given chemo you are given anti-sickness drugs to try and stop you from feeling sick (this is another side effect from the chemo). These don't tend to work too well with me and on wednesday I started vomiting. Gross thing was, I had eaten jelly beans just beforehand so I got all these half eaten jelly beans coming up and hitting my teeth on the way out of my mouth. So anyway I spewed three times in an hour and the ward said I should go to E.D. (we were at home at the time). So we drove to E.D. and mum had to pull over so I could spew again in the gutter. When we arrived at E.D. I was given Ondansatron (spelling?) which is the equivalent of morphine but is an anti sickness drug. It put me right and I was given a litre of fluids because of all the water I had spewed up.

My tastes have changed hugely again. I really like strawberries at the moment and deep fried chips. Everything else makes me feel sick. Oh one other side effect I don't think I have mentioned yet is that chemo creates a "metallic" taste in your mouth. It feels as though you are eating tinfoil or corrugated iron when you eat something so I tend to go for the really strong flavored stuff.

Anyway I better go, it is 1:30am and I am going to cook some steak.

1 comment:

  1. mmm i love de steaks. I like the jellybean story, tell some more like that!!!

    ReplyDelete