Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 1

Day 1. I had 5 vials of blood taken in the morning to chek everything and get a more accuraste disagnosis as to what type of Leukemia it is. Later that day I had a bone marrow biopsy, this meant getting a larger needle into my hip bone and extracting a bit of bone marrow. I will most likely need a bone marrow transplant from one of my sisters , but we need to make sure we get a match. After this I had a couple of chest xrays just to see if there were any addiontal tumors within my body (haveen't got results bac yet) but I'm pretty confidnt I don't. Umm what else is there to say... oh they found it when I was having a routine blood count to check if I still had glandular fever and my white cell count showed up as 210 and the normal amount is 10 so they knew something happened. A huge thanks to everyone for the supportive messages I mean it! Sorry if I didnt reply back to your texts I have a line in my hand and I couldn't text. Also, thanks heaps to Jenny Mcwhannell (I hope this is spelt rihgt sorry :P), Chris CareySmith and Anna from CanTeen. I will update this as I get more details anfd results! Lots of Love, Alex

If you have any questions at all please ask me I will do my best to answer them. Seriously ask anything you want!

2 comments:

  1. Ay up
    We're thinking of you. You've obviously got a laptop with you Has it got VLC on it?
    I've gotsome stuff that I'm downloading at the mo that might pass the time. I'll push up their priority tonight.

    PhilN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alexander, your courage is incredible but did you really need to go this far to get time off school? Man, next time just get a cold!

    :)

    Be in to see you tomorrow,

    Jem

    ReplyDelete