Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Day 2. I was meant to write this last night but I was way too tired. As soon as I get the camera cable I wil add some photos to the blog. Soooooo.. yesterday I had an ultrasound on my leg because it has been really really sore. There are no tumors thankfully in my leg it is just bone ache from the leukemia, I just have to have morphine, codine and paracetomol (sp?). I'm sorry about the format the blog in, it is not very well written but bear with me!
I had a CT scan (the huge donut xray machine) and had to drink some dye to make my veins and organs show up on the xrays. It tastes digusting! and just before they are about to start the scan they give you a drug that warms your whole body up. It seriously makes you feel like you need to pee its' such a weird feeling :P
Bad news now, I have a lot of little blood clots inside my lungs and this is quite serious. These clots have made it hard for me to breathe so I am on blood thinners to break down the clots. The thinner is called Clexane and I have to have daily injections into my stomach. It really stings!
My leg is also very very sore and painful. I can't walk at all because the bones in my feet and calves are extremely painful so I am stuck usually in bed, wheelchair or crutches. I have been put on steriods too and these have made me extremely moody and angry. I hate them.

Isn't it weird that when things are going ok a lot of people ignore you or never talk to you? But as soon as you are in a horrible position or something awful happens they pretent to like you and be best friends with you? Why do they do it?

Thank you for all the messages of support but can you please not ask "Are you alright?" obviously I'm not fucking alright, I have cancer. A lot of people have been asking if I need anything, I don't mind what you bring I assure you I appreciate every single thing it all helps.
Especially letters from people :)

One final note. Don't be afraid to offend me or treat me different. I am still Alex and if you do change how you would normally act I promise you I will never talk to you again.

5 comments:

  1. See, did I not say last night that there was something you took so that you could see your veins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey alex, i'd love to see photos of the CT scans they took sometime, if you don't mind of course. They're so amazing, seeing inside the human body :) do you know what type of leukemia it is yet? hope anna said hi from us when she came and visited

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey alex
    I tried posting a comment earlier today but think my status as a virgin blogger meant it didn't happen. Sorry if its a double up. Just wanted to say all of us in your dad's office are thinking of you heaps and feeling sad that the leukemia is behaving badly. You are an amazing fighter. We know this is a real bugger for you and all we can do is say we have you in our hearts as you are in the hospital. Hope they are looking after you good. Miss you being cheeky at the office
    from Chris (who sits in the desk by your dad)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK Alex, so it looks like you are going to continue being full of sh*t despite your condition - that's the spirit! Just remember that we are not going to let up either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Jose: I will try get digi copies of the scan!

    ReplyDelete