Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 5

Whats up :) I'm starting to feel the early effects of the chemo now. It has altered my taste buds a wee bit and all meat tastes like wallpaper, its' horrid! I had a bit of a weird feeling today too.... I was lying in bed and started getting random muscle pains. they would last maybe 6 seconds then switch to another limb (forearm, calf, chest etc.) I started getting short of breath so the doctor was called in. They were getting quite painful so I had a large dose of morphine. It turns out the chemo can affect your body in tons of crazy ways I didn't even know about. The pain and shortness of breath in my chest was due to the cartilige contracting around my lungs with the muscle spasms. The contracting was a result of the chemo.
Also, my urine is red. One of the chemos I received yesterday dyed my urine red. To be honest I am liking the change in urine colour, makes me feel quite cool.

5 comments:

  1. The red piss is definitely the raddest part bro, i would feel pretty cool myself. Chemo sounds brutal. I will come and visit you sometime this week and we can discuss the "hotties", its just slightly more difficult to come in being in Ashhood (gotta keep my street cred up ye boi). See you soon. Respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a horror movie where the main guy has red pee. It wasn't a result of chemo tho ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, cool to have coloured urine! Can you request different colours? - wouldn't purple or luminous lime green be just awesome!! Come to think of it - how bout a rainbow?? Imagine having that floating round in your measuring jug at the end of your bed. Sort of like stripey toothpaste!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow rainbow pee. alex please tell us if you actually do get rainbow pee coz that is cooler then red though red pee is definately a chik magnet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man u rite Maturely haha Its Dylan btw. maybe me n Spud will make u mre muffins with tonnes of flavour in thm so u cn taste thm. So its all go then? goin thru all that crap agen. sounds like its a bit worse than last time though. Ull b sweet. maybe ill bring Miss Atkinson (atty) ta cme n visit u and yous can have uber catch up haha SWEET! and i was gonna bring Donald into the hospital but he kept on asking all the doctors and nurses to "SCAN ME! SCAN ME PLEASE!" then he went nuts so security dragged him out.
    Oh yeah and Donald drew this Armoured Herbivore on this 3D drawing programme on the computers at skool haha was pretty insane. He probably made dinosaur sounds while he was drawing it "raaar"
    I kinda cringed at the thought of a needle being put into ur spinal cord man ew. bt tha red piss is pretty sweet! 'lolage'
    so um yeah ill try and come and see you this weekend ae. look out for my text.
    L8er '1337'

    ReplyDelete