Friday, October 16, 2009

Day 3+4

Im going to squish two days of my "cancerpade" into one post. So yesterday I went to the dentist at the hospital, I have to have some teeth removed to reduce the risk of getting an infection during treatment. So that is scheduled in for next week with the oral surgeon. The rest of the day was spent talking to dietitians, physios and the like.
After school today I received a lot of visitors. It was awesome to have them see me but there were so many I couldn't handle the excitement. I remembered I had to be off to a test and jumped out of bed and ushered everyone out. As I was hopping in the elevator someone knocked my drip and blood started flowing EVERYWHERE. It was gushing onto the elevator floor so I ran back to thee ward in my dressing gown and boxers while Ella ran ahead to ask for help. Was really funny to be quite honest.
Today was my first big proper dose of Chemotherapy. Jim, William and Rachael were here to witness it. It feels quite unusal receiving chemo, almost like someone is pouring freezing water diretcly into your blood stream. I am coping with it relatively well at the moment but it wont take long for the side-effects to start kicking in. This brings me to the next big change you might see. Hair, or lack of it. I might get some wigs this time, any ideas?

Thanks again for all the visitors and little gifts I have got, I love them all :)
I have probably missed out a lot but i will try to stay on top of this blog so you can have an idea of whats going on. Pics are incoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment